Winning Complex Sales Training Course
“Improving your chances of winning major
B2B sales opportunities”
Training workshop from £299 per person + vat
The Winning Complex Sales workshops is designed to help experienced sales professionals, and managers and executives to improve their sales skills, strategies and tactics in progress both current and future sales opportunities.
Key benefits of this workshop
Participants will master proven methods to help achieve one or more of these example benefits. How to…
- Gain more connections and confidence with C-level decision influencers.
- Increased conversion from enquiry to proposal and proposal to deal.
- Skills to encourage clients to make quicker sales decisions with fewer delays.
- Greater accuracy of forecasting and pipeline management.
- Increase revenue – by improving action plans in live cases
- Improve win rate – by identifying and eliminating sales process deficits
- Better teamwork and coaching – using a common language for opportunity management
- More accurate forecasts – by gaining control of the sales process
- Improved resource utilisation – through better qualification and focus on the right projects
- Maximise long-term impact – by ensuring that the concepts become part of daily sales, marketing and sales management practices.
Participants complete a short assignment in which they analyse wins and losses and describe their current position in 1-2 important opportunities. Participants apply the workshop concepts directly to the opportunities submitted.
The course includes regular presentations, discussion, planning exercises, case studies, practice sessions and planning on real-life complex sales opportunities.
Winning Complex Sales – some key learning points
Many points are covered, including:
- Learning and applying a strategic, value-based and complex approach to winning complex sales through C-level contacts.
- How to best to analyse potential senior influencers and develop a strategic approach to prospecting for complex sales, including proven qualification techniques.
- Advanced complex and value selling: value-based questioning techniques to create and uncover complex sales opportunities, need areas and preferences efficiently.
- Presenting your complex sales solution – creating an enthusiastic and compelling personalised and persuasive summary of your proposal.
- Value message: Differentiate your solutions clearly and accurately with tailored value statements for each stage of the sales process.
- Presenting the right USP’s, features and benefits and making them relevant and real to the complex sales client and opportunity.
- Dealing with customer concerns, doubts and ‘objections’ plus smart ways to position price, emphasis value and be a strong player without being the cheapest.
- Learn and use advanced complex sales techniques to develop customer needs, value and decision making criteria in depth.
- Writing winning sales proposals by matching your prospects requirements, preferences, criteria and concerns more accurately in any written proposals or presentations.
- Negotiation of final complex sales opportunities using a complex and non-confrontational style.
Course case studies, content, examples and learning exercises will be personalised by way of pre-course questionnaires and research.
Action plan and learning summary
Each participant will asked to bring with them a ‘Target Complex Sales Opportunities’ – that is a current prospect or opportunity under development and will use this as relevant content during the planning and review sessions.
Case studies, prepared in advance by the trainer, will be referred to and given to participants as a handout.
What skills are needed for winning complex sales?
Complex selling means selling what you customer wants to buy – a combination of products, process and services. It also means selling the way your customer wants to buy, not how you want to sell. In practice, it is about creating compelling reasons to buy from you and your organisation.
Clients often demand expertise, advice and customisation during the complex sales process. Increasingly, customers insist on multiple meetings with salespeople and others to develop advantages that you can bring and reduce the perceived risk of buying.
Winning Complex Sales – Course Outline
Winning Complex Sales Day 2
1. Key principles of complex sales skills and strategies
- Introduction and review of pre-course work
- Initial role-play – to gain a feel for participant’s current style, level and approach to complex sale.
- The four principles of Complex Selling and how they benefit you and the customer and how Complex Selling differs from ‘transactional’ or ‘relationship-based’ selling.
- Overview of complex sales strategies with case studies and leading best-practice examples and theories.
- The stages of the customer’s buying cycle – how to identify and work through strategies for each stage applying a value-based complex sales model.
Case studies: General examples and review of participants target complex sales opportunities.
2. Connecting skills in the complex sale
- Key skills and approaches for this stage of the customer’s buying process.
- The first few minutes – ways to gain instant rapport and setting the foundation for a complex approach in a first call.
- How to structure an effective complex sales meeting – the subtle differences that are important to master.
- How best to differentiate your solutions and build credibility and enthusiasm early in the complex buying process.
- Overcoming buying initial resistance and relaxing the customer, where they are new contact.
- Opening the meeting: PBC (purpose-benefit-check) and gaining agreement to proceed.
ROLE-PLAY 1: Connecting – first meeting
3. Consulting – influencing client needs with complex sale
- Key skills and approaches for this stage of the customer’s complex buying process.
- Understanding the power of high-impact and third-level questions to influence people based around specific needs and solutions.
- Creating a ‘disturb’ approach to creating needs and opportunities and positioning your solutions.
- Defining and agreeing comparative advantages.
ROLE-PLAY 2: Consulting skills for complex sales development
CASE STUDY 2: Review of participants target complex sales opportunities.
Winning Complex Sales Day 2
4. Convincing – helping the customer choose your solution
- Key skills and approaches for this stage of the complex sale.
- Mapping customer needs and preferences onto your solution to create a personalised complex solution.
- Using the alternatives assessment tool to uncover value and customer preferences within a complex sale.
- ‘Decision making criteria’ – tools to help you develop this with the customer and in doing so progress your sales opportunities more accurately.
- Key communication skills for this stage – identifying buying signals, dealing with customer questions and objections.
- Creating and presenting a compelling proposition and written proposal.
PRESENTATION 3: Convincing: Applying complex selling convincing effectively with a test client presentation.
CASE STUDY 3: Review of participants target complex sales opportunities
- Gaining commitment within a complex sale
- Key skills and approaches for this stage of the customer’s buying process
- Dealing effectively with procurement and purchasing professionals
- Isolate, prioritise and answer objections and concerns more openly and accurately, using a complex not confrontational approach.
- Deal more effectively and profitably with price objections and reduce buyer’s remorse (which can lead to a ‘I want to think about’ reaction and cause delay and inertia).
- Ways to ask for commitment professionally and effectively.
- Managing the transition from prospect to customer.
ROLE-PLAY 4: Closing – gaining final agreement.
CASE STUDY 4: Review of participants target complex sales opportunities
6. Teamwork and time management within the complex sale
- Working with others inside your organisation to achieve your sales goals
- Managing and working with a virtual team
- Creating cross-departmental communication loops
- Managing your time and accounts effectively
7. Action plans
- Putting it all together – course summary
- Personal account reviews, personal learning summary and action plans
Enter your email to download free eBook and training resources.