Value-based Selling Skills
How to increase your sales results and productivity – sales skills and new business opportunities Master-class. Two one-day in-house training courses, approximately 4 weeks apart or on-line e-learning and mobile phone app.
Key areas of focus
Activity – prospecting, pitching, proposing and progressing your pipeline
Conversion – better closing: from calls to appointments; quotes to orders; orders to repeat business
Value – proposals, quotations, options, value, price tactics and overcoming objections
Who will benefit
This highly-practical skills-based training course will benefit all those who are involved in approaching, developing, presenting or negotiating new business opportunities. This includes winning brand new customers and developing new revenue from existing clients, contacts or prospects. It is suitable for all levels and types of sales and marketing staff.
This training course will provide participants with the proven strategies and tactics to build, manage and successfully close a sustainable and increased a new sales business pipeline. Target learning benefits include:
- Increased impact of your new sales conversations, presentations and proposals leading to faster decisions and increased conversion.
- Greater confidence, consistency and professionalism throughout the business development process.
- Enhanced sales questioning skills and techniques, leading to better and faster development of customer needs, problems, value and expectations.
- Improve your people, communication, influence and persuasion skills when approaching, consulting or presenting your services and solutions.
- How to self-generate new business leads, appointments and opportunities.
- Proven ways to gain additional business and referrals from existing customers and contacts, through direct approach and lead generation.
- Be better able differentiate your firm, your solutions, track-record and expertise clearly and accurately with tailored value statements for each stage and for each opportunity.
This training workshop is highly-interactive and encourages delegate participation through a combination of short presentations, group discussion, practical exercises (including structured role-play), case studies, and breakout sessions designed to learn new skills and reinforces existing abilities. The second day features extensive rehearsal and review of current and real-life existing pitches, presentations and proposals.
Each training workshop is personalised in three ways.
- The first is to include or expand any specific learning points or topics you feel are important and omit any that are not needed.
- The second is create bespoke examples and case studies for use during the planning and practice sessions (role-plays).
- Review of training materials and workbook before the course to personalise with your internal culture, terminology and style. Each workbook is custom printed with your logo and colours if preferred.
All participants will asked to complete a pre-course questionnaire. This asks them identify some personal learning objectives ahead of the training, perhaps in discussion with a manager. They will also be asked to bring with them two typical or current sales opportunities or prospects and a report showing some sales KPI’s from the last 2-3 months. Typical metrics might include:
- Number of appointments / Number of new appointments
- Average order value
- Conversion ratios
1. Introduction and key principles of Sales Success
- Introduction and review of pre-course work – KPI’s, personal learning objectives and key principles
- Defining your initial value proposition and comparative advantage.
- Mapping and improving your sales process and strategies to increase your sales results in the next 30, 60 and 90 days.
2. Making appointments by telephone – best practice review
- Cold-calling made easy: Planning the call, telephone techniques, integrating with email, online tools and LinkedIn
- Master the secret of effective appointment making – organised persistence.
- Set and achieve the right level of telephone activity to achieve your appointment goals
- Be able to overcome most common put-off’s to seeing or engaging with you
- Make calls with improved confidence, control and results
Planning and practice session: Cold and warm calling
3. Connecting skills
- Research before the meeting and the first few minutes – ways to gain instant rapport and setting the foundation for a successful outcome in a first sales call.
- How to structure an effective first time sales call or meeting – the subtle differences that are important to master.
- How best to differentiate your solutions and build credibility and enthusiasm early or at the start of the buying process.
- Overcoming buying initial resistance and relaxing the prospect; gaining rapport, opening the meeting.
- Planning and practice session: Connecting – first meeting with a new contact.
4. Consulting – building, developing and influencing client needs
- Understanding the power of high-impact and third-level questions to influence people based around specific needs and solutions.
- The importance of body language and other personal communication dynamics when asking questions
- Creating a ‘disturb’ approach to creating needs and opportunities and positioning your solutions.
- Using proven advanced sales questioning techniques with greater skill: Outcome, SPIN and qualification questions.
- ‘Decision making criteria’ – tools to help you develop this with the customer and in doing so progress your sales opportunities more accurately.
Planning and practice session: Questioning skills
5. Convincing – presentation and persuading skills practice
- Substance and style – selecting the right tone and content to engage and enthuse your prospect.
- Compelling benefits and reducing perceived risk – key messages to deliver.
- Helping the customer choose your proposition – by being convincing, compelling and credible when you present.
- Professional and effective presentation skills – with key phrases and words to use.
- The keys of influence and persuasion and the keys to convincing a new customer to choose you for the first time.
Planning and practice session: Practice in presenting your solution.
- Knowing when and how to close for commitment to the next stage in your sales process, plus ways to ask for commitment professionally and effectively.
- How to isolate, prioritise and answer objections and concerns more openly and accurately, using a consultative not confrontational approach.
- Deal more effectively and profitably with price objections and reduce buyer’s remorse (which can lead to a ‘I want to think about’ reaction and cause delay and inertia).
- Key skills around the closing process – getting to yes with more certainty.
Planning and practice session: Closing skills
7. Final practice sessions
Personal action plan and learning summary
This course is available on an in-house basis, either for live training, small group coaching or consulting. Free quotation and personalised outline on request. All training can be personalised to your business free of charge. Bespoke course design and development and white-label training a speciality, including e-learning.
Please get in touch by completing this form or calling 07515 851 691.