Preparing and presenting client bids and proposals – in-house training
Overview: Writing Winning Sales Proposals
How to write more effective sales proposals, bids and quotations.
In-house training event. One day training course, also available as an e-learning course.
The overall purpose of this hands-on course is to enable participants to improve the impact, clarity and accuracy of their business documents and particularly sales bids proposals. It also looks at constructing high- impact client presentations around a proposal.
Who will benefit
This course is suitable for everyone (at any level) whose job demands communicating in writing and presenting to clients – especially sales proposals, technical specifications, sales letters, reports, etc.
Key highlights of training:
- Based on extensive real-world experience from a wide variety of businesses
- Extensive practical planning sessions and review based on participant’s
- own proposals and bids
- Pre and post course research and exercises to maximize effectiveness
- and implementation of learning (‘red-pen’ reviews)
- High quality presentation and structured approach to learning
- Many unique insights and methods
Key Learning Points and objectives
- The importance and benefits of role of a well-written sales proposal – the value of sales proposal to you and the customer and its role in the customer’s decision-making process
- What the customer wants and needs to make a decision in your favour
- Understanding and delivering on customer expectations, for various decision influences
- Review and discussion of different proposals – with real life examples
- Presenting your proposal with clarity and impact.
This course is available on an in-house basis, either for live training, small group coaching or consulting. Free quotation and personalised outline on request. All training can be personalised to your business free of charge. Bespoke course design and development and white-label training a speciality, including e-learning.
Course outline – Writing Winning Sales Proposals
This one-day workshop-style training event covers all aspects of preparing, writing, proofing, editing and producing sales proposals, bid, documents and quotations.
How to write winning sales proposals – main topics
The importance of role of a well-written sales proposal
• Why bother? – the value of the sales proposal or document to you and to the customer
• What the customer wants and needs to make a decision in your favour
• Understanding and delivering on customer expectations
• Review and discussion of different proposals – with real-life examples
The correct way to structure your sales proposals
• A section-by-section, page-by-page review of best practice in structuring great sales proposals
• How to improve the way you match your proposal to the customer’s objectives and requirements
• Plan your sales documents systematically – to make them easy to read and more persuasive
• How to make your proposal look like the ‘least risky’ option
Making your proposal a compelling and persuasive proposition
• Choosing the right words that sell effectively
• Selecting the right content and information for your document or proposal
• Using an option matrix to summarise complex choices and increase final order value
• How to write an executive summary
Well-written and error-free
• Developing your writing style for maximum impact
• Express the content (ie, selling points) clearly, concisely and correctly
• Be able to proof-read and edit work effectively, using formal marks and techniques
• Improving visual layout, format and appearance
• Making it customer-focused
1. Participants work on their own real-life documents; objectively editing and proofreading working in pairs.
2. Detailed course manual and materials, including a PDF writing reference guide.
3. Learning exercises to practice composing, editing and proofreading
Please get in touch by completing this form or calling 07515 851 691.