Email and Online Writing Skills
A workshop-style training event that covers all aspects of preparing, writing, proofing, editing and producing high-quality customer written communications, including online and social media.
Participants work on their own real-life documents, emails or posts, objectively editing and proofreading, working in pairs.
Key learning points and objectives:
- Learn the seven elements of an impressive, inspiring and professional piece of written communication, regardless of length or type.
- Write any email or post in a way that radiates competence and courtesy.
- Learn how to quickly write different types of common posts, chats and emails.
Identify the aim of a letter, article or email and structure accordingly and quickly.
- Use more effective openings and endings – starting off right and ending correctly
- Know what your reader needs, wants, likes or expects from your email and post.
- Getting the balance right between formal and informal.
- Eliminating jargon, clichés, management-speak, geek-speak and non-sense.
- How to keep it short and simple without losing impact or appearing blunt or rude
- Email etiquette – the ten do’s and don’ts of email writing, replying and sending.
- How to use the right style and tone when delivering bad news, apologising or resetting expectations.
- How to structure a complex message where a response is required.
- Editing techniques and skills practice to get your posts and emails right first time.
- Proofing reading techniques and skills practice.
There are six main sessions (can be varied):
1. Business writing 1: Objectives, planning, type and structure; types of written customer communication, legal implications
2. Business writing 2: applying the SPECIAL model to written customer service.
3. Business writing 3: Practical editing skills and super-quick proofreading techniques
4. Business writing 4: Email etiquette and email best practice
5. Business writing 5: Personal practice on participant’s own emails, reports, contracts, letter or emails, review and learning summary
6. Business writing 6: Writing skills for the on-line customer: Social media posting and responding, using IM effectively, customer chat sessions, legal and other considerations
Can be customised to suit any objectives, including complaint handling.
This course is available on an in-house basis, either for live training, small group coaching or consulting. Free quotation and personalised outline on request. All training can be personalised to your business free of charge. Bespoke course design and development and white-label training a speciality, including e-learning.
Please get in touch by completing this form or calling 07515 851 691.
Enter your email to download free eBook and training resources.