The Art and Science of Professional Leadership
This is a five day open course available through Euromatech.
email@example.com 07515 851 691
“A leader is someone who sets the direction and influences people to follow in that direction.”
- The Art and Science of Professional Leadership will take you on a journey to discover your own strengths as a leader.
- Also, demonstrate how you can build on those strengths to lead yourself and your own team to higher productivity.
- This programme is practical and inspiring study of many of the best practices, skills and techniques in modern business today.
- It will help you to overcome the enormous pressures that exist in this increasing fast-changing business, economic and industrial climate.
Participants will develop the following leadership competencies:
- Determine best practices of effective leaders from sport, business through history and how to apply them today
in your work environment
- Explore your leadership capabilities and areas for personal development
- Build a culture of vision, trust, credibility and open communication that encourages people to follow you and work harder
- Identify strategies for overcoming obstacles in the work environment that lead to higher performance and achieving results
- Further develop your skills in leading, managing, coaching and motivating staff at all levels
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This dynamic leadership programme for all managers, team leaders, executives, plus business and technical professionals.
It is ideal for those that which to further develop their management and leadership capabilities
- Team leaders, especially those with people responsibility and direct reports
- Technical staff making the transition to the next in their career and seeking to improve their competence in leadership
- Supervisors who wish to increase their effectiveness and results
- Team leaders interested in further management development
- Managers who wish to evaluate and improve their performance with regard to leadership
PROGRAMME OBJECTIVES – The Art and Science of Professional Leadership
This programme is designed to promote effective leadership and influencing skills among management personnel. At the conclusion of this training session, you should be able to:
- Articulate an understanding of what leadership means for you, your department and your organisation
- Determine your role as an effective leader in any organization – both within a team and managing a team or department
- Improve your skills of delegation, coaching and people development
- Learn the different physical, emotional, psychology needs that followers look from their leaders
- How best to sell your ideas, vision and plans with greater influence and persuasion
- Demonstrate the leadership core skills of Communication and Inspiration; Systems Thinking and Emotional Intelligence
- Use personal influence and develop political savvy to network and influence people effectively
- Describe a change management model for management and the process of planning, communicating and implementing change
- Develop a Personal and Professional Vision and Communicate it to all stakeholders
- Tap into and “inner power” to gain self-confidence and strength
- Get the most productivity out of each constituent (worker or other)
This programme is an interactive mixture of lecture, discussion groups, team activities and practice on various case studies and video sequences. It provides the latest instructional technologies to enable the delegate to learn and apply the skills and techniques used in the programmes.
The Art and Science of Professional Leadership – programme summary
Attending this programme will allow delegates to gain important skills and understanding of how a leader leads people and
influences others – above and below them.
- Develop essential leadership qualities to enable growth and capacity to lead
- Develop a Leadership Balance
- Build a following by Building Trust
- How to Inspire people into productive contributors
- The ability to pursued other people to change
- Insight into your own Leadership Style
- Apply personal Growth Techniques
- Become an Effective Communicator
Day1 – LEADERSHIP AND INFLUENCE: WHAT DO THEY MEAN?
- The challenge to lead in today’s modern organization
- Lessons learned from powerful leaders of the past and present
- The changing role, responsibilities and nature of Leadership and the new skills needed for today and tomorrow.
- Leadership styles in modern organisations – including your organisation
- The influence of followers on leadership
- Leadership models, methods and theories – over of the most popular schools of thought
- Self-assessment: Leadership Behaviours – defining your strength’s and areas to develop
- Three Lenses of Leadership
Day2 – HOW A LEADER LEADS FROM IDEAS, PROBLEM-SOLVING, PLANNING AND PERSONAL POWER
- Ways to increase self-knowledge and self-reflection
- Understand how you think and becoming a “Systems Thinker”
- The character of a leader and how leadership from within and using this to create an environment of leadership
- Thinking outside the box – left/right brain thinking and using the six hats technique
- Finding creative solutions using creativity tools such as brainstorming, reverse brainstorming, Imagineering and mind mapping
- How to evaluate and select the best solution using formal analysis tools such as Pro’s and Con’s, Force field analysis, Cost/Benefit Analysis and Feasibility/Capability Analysis
Day3 – HOW A LEADER BUILDS TRUST AND FOLLOWERS
- What is trust and the benefits of a high trust environment
- How trust produces the competitive edge and leads to increase in performance and results
- Group influence, political savvy and effective Interpersonal Influence
- Emotional intelligence applied to leadership
- Coaching, delegation and reverse delegation for empowerment, people development and managing your own time and results
- Negotiating agreement using proven principles of effective negotiation
Day4 – HOW A LEADER USES COMMUNICATION TO GAIN INFLUENCE
- The Art of Communication as a leader – in conversation, coaching, delegating, when writing and online.
- Building your skills as an effective communicator though engaging presentation and public speaking skills
- Successful coaching and reverse delegation
- The power of Vision, mission, purpose and goals
- Using language a word pictures to demonstrate your vision
- John Kotter’s Change management theory in practice
Day5 – HOW A LEADER INFLUENCES PEOPLE
- The Motivating Leader
- How a Leader motivates themselves and others
- The need for achievement, power and affiliation
- Expectancy theory and motivation
- How a leader Creates an environment for self-motivation
- Personal Roadmap to Leadership
- Review of learning points
Please get in touch by completing this form or calling 07515 851 691.
Graham Roberts-Phelps, Business skills training, coaching and consulting.
Tel: 03301 595 093 / 07515 851 691
Conway House, Cranfield Technology Park, Cranfield, Bedfordshire, MK43 0FQ, UK