Advanced Train the Trainer
This course can be tailored to suit any type of training or organisation. Please get in touch for more details. Contact page.
This interactive and practical advanced train the trainer training programme will help managers, technical staff, executives, professionals, organisational training and HR professionals to design, develop and deliver more effective training courses, learning resources and course documentations. This means being able to increase the impact and quality of training and its results.
Our Advanced Train the Trainer programme focuses on the key delivery skills, tools, models and methods which make training interesting, engaging and effective. Attending this programme will help you to develop a highly effective, engaging and professional training, presentation and facilitation style.
We will take you through a number of key skills and techniques used by professional trainers from all areas of expertise to embed learning using a range of methods and training formats including; presentation and facilitation, group discussion, teach back, one to one coaching, consolidation and feedback activities.
The knowledge and skills you will take away from this advanced training the trainer programme will help you to design and deliver your training with higher levels of confidence and measurably more impact.
Participants on this programme will develop the following competencies:
· Understand and apply the principles and models of adult learning to both training design and delivery
· Master both the fundamental and advanced skills of becoming an effective trainer
· Best practice for running a training course of any duration
· The skills required for delivering a training session successfully
· How to write and structure effective training courses of varying subjects
· Factors for effective training skills and what makes for a good trainer
· Effective training practice and procedure
· Body language, presentation and voice projection skills
· Classroom training versus one-to-one training
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Whether you are preparing for a new role in training, train groups occasionally or have been in the training role for some time, attending our Advanced Train the Trainer programme will provide you with a great opportunity to explore new approaches and develop new techniques to make your training more interesting, engaging and effective.
This programme is designed specifically for those training, learning and HR professionals who seek to improve their skills, gain new ideas, methods and proven techniques with regard to training material design. It is especially suited for those professionals involved in behavioural change; knowledge transfer or competence development. It will also help anyone who wishes to refresh and develop their knowledge and skills or training delivery.
- Training and workshop facilitators from all subject areas and industries
- Training and HR administration and training facilitators and coaches
- Technical, safety, administration and operation staff who are involved in training groups and individuals
- All professionals, technical and HR staff involved in specifying, designing, developing or delivering training courses and learning events at all levels and stages
PROGRAMME OBJECTIVES – ADVANCED TRAIN THE TRAINER
Be able to design a timed and detailed training course targeted for adult learners, creating a structured outline based on key principles of adult learning.
Plan the delivery of a course by ensuring that all the key elements of effective training are present
Learn how to communicate learning messages effectively for behaviour change, retention and improvement
Develop skills and techniques to overcome barriers to learning through design principles and delivery skills
Prepare and deliver an effective training session using proven techniques and models
Learn to construct tests, competence assessments and knowledge instruments to validate any and all learning points
Gain proven techniques for providing interaction, encouragement and coaching during the training process
Create and use training materials, slides, handouts and post-course evaluation forms
Be able to create, design and run learning exercises and activities using ready-made templates and short-cuts
Learn a tool-kit of over 20 different training exercises and techniques
Identify and practice using the core competencies for professional trainers
Be able to carry out a training needs analysis and use this for the planning, preparation and design of training events
Gain practice using your new advanced presentation and facilitation skills, better communicating, engaging and interacting with your delegates
Know how to avoid common training mistakes and handling difficult questions and resistant learners
Be able to apply principles of different learning styles, Kolb’s learning cycle, experiential learning and blended learning techniques
Participants will learn from a clear explanation of advanced train the trainer skills. This is achieved by active participation in discussions and experiential exercises. Group discussion is an important element in the programme, and delegates should be prepared to share their experience and their own stories with the rest of the group. We will use video clips and case examples to illustrate and illuminate the key points.
Delegates are encouraged to bring some real-life examples of current and past training courses (materials, presentations and workbooks) for reference and application during the training. All delegates will be asked to make example training and facilitation sessions to the group, and to commit to a personal development plan.
Delegates are contacted before attending the course to discuss development needs, identify course objectives and agree appropriate content areas for the training course.
Delegates are asked to prepare and deliver a brief presentation which will be used to provide feedback and improve delivery techniques.
PROGRAMME SUMMARY – ADVANCED TRAIN THE TRAINER
This programme covers essential skills and techniques in all stages of advanced train the trainer. This includes designing and developing timed course outlines, selecting and creating content, activities and learning tools, creating training aids with a strong visual design, integrating learning and training exercises and tests. Participants will also be encouraged to practice these skills and models during the programme.
1. Advanced train the trainer introduction and key principles
• Characteristics of effective trainers and understanding your own training style
• Understanding adult learning principles – how people learn and improving knowledge and behaviour change
• Key models of effective training and learning with different subject examples
• Using proven training models in different course types and subjects
• Identify their own training styles plus the styles of their different types of adult learners
• Training needs analysis – what it is and how to perform.
• How to design and structure an effective training course – what a solid training programme looks like
• Practical session – training needs analysis exercise, plus starting a training session, concluding and summarising an individual session or module
2. Training course design and development – compelling content and training techniques
• How to establish the aims and objectives of the training and translate into learning activities, presentations and interactions
• How to structure training for maximum interest and effect
• Logistics; room lay-out; use of technology; props and equipment
• How to involve everybody all of the time
• Planning and preparation – best practice in training
• How to vary delivery methods and stimulate full involvement
• Advanced train the trainer’s toolkit of 20 learning activities, exercises and interventions.
3. Outstanding training communication – with clarity, confidence and conversation
• Speaking and delivery skills, beyond presenting; using stories, examples and memory hooks
• Confidence and posture, mastering your own state and personal energy.
• Recognising and adapting to different types of personality, plus creating your own ‘training’ personality
• Embedding the principles of good two way communication into any group session.
• Interpreting different types of feedback; body-language, unspoken messages.
• Facilitating the skills transfer by delivering objective and supportive feedback on classroom activities
• How to explain, execute and review any learning activity or task.
• Practice session around participants own subject areas
4. Excellence and best practice in effective training
• Excellent training through process and planning, not just position or personality
• Understanding and motivating learners and recognising and overcoming barriers to learning
• How to motivate and energise learners and developing training that is relevant and accessible
• Understanding the dynamics of group learning and facilitate group discussion effectively
• Test training sessions with worked examples and applications
• Adapting structure and content to student needs and learning to improvise, but still stay on track
• Responding rather than reacting to situations and people, plus dealing with difficult situations
• Practice sessions around key training modules
5. Putting it all together- advanced train the trainer examples and best practice
• Designing and delivering knowledge-based learning presentations using PowerPoint, flip-charts, video or other visual aids
• Designing training tests, learning and competency assessment, competence models, etc.
• Measuring and assessing training effectiveness – five levels – plus designing and using training evaluation forms or surveys
• Working the room and being able turn the volume up and down, plus setting the tone
• Advanced techniques for using anecdotes and personal stories to enhance your training
• Training techniques for the virtual classroom, on-line webinars and blended learning
• Practice session based on selected case studies and examples
• Preparation and presentation of individual end of course learning summaries.
Please get in touch by completing this form or calling 07515 851 691.